About Ahmed MOHAMED SAYED
Academic Level Master’s Degree
A seasoned finance c-suite executive, having 26+ years of exponential experience in owning and shaping the finance vision and strategy, providing corporate finance stewardship, commercial insight & business intelligence thereby maximizing shareholder value.
History of working for world-class companies across diverse sectors Retail, Outlets, FMCG & Distribution, Trading, HealthCare, Hospitality, Medical, Maintenance, Equipment, Contracting, Manufacturing, Franchising, Real estate.
Mastered Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), budgeting, forecasting, and analysis as well as proffering financial insights and planning leadership.
Functioned as the analytical engine of the Group/ Company, proffered data-driven insights to support optimal financial business decisions of the CFO, CEO, and the Board of Directors.
Trusted Advisor on contractual negotiations, due diligence, business planning, JV management, expert in delivering vision and value at Board level, providing effective business partnering support to C-Suite/senior management stakeholders through provision of insightful analysis and action-oriented reporting to drive greater revenues and shareholder value.
Championed leveraging next-generation finance technology, re-engineering processes, fostering a culture of continuous improvement to achieve productivity goals through SAP ERP implementation. ERP Project Manager, successfully implemented Oracle Fusion Cloud, Oracle EBS, Microsoft Dynamics AXAPTA, EPICOR ISCALA 2.3.
Gulf Group Holding Company
Group Financial Controller
• Head-hunted to provide on-going financial executive leadership for a Group of 8 companies. Supported exciting transformation, expansion and modernization of the Group, which is region’s most recognizable, valued and market leading business.
• Administered preparation and presentation of the annual budget to the Board of Directors.
• Member of RAC Risk Assessment Committee.
• Key Member of the firm’s Executive Leadership Team, dexterously provided financial vision consistent with the strategic plan and direction of the Group.
• Assisted the CFO in its vital role in MIS and Board Reporting. As well as driving financial excellence and improvement of financial planning and analysis capabilities.
• Successfully re-structured the corporate finance, led transformation to a more efficient working capital structure.
• Commanding/ Controlling company’s finance function, ensuring company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
• Establishing complete corporate finance architecture, creating financial blueprint and aiding in achieving Group’s robust goals.
• Presiding over day-to-day operations of financial department/ staff. Overseeing all company accounts and investments, accounting function, evaluating and managing risk, enforcing regulatory compliance, publishing financial statements, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure and forecasting revenue.
• Aiding organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth, formulating sound financial strategies, implementing proper internal controls, project controls, achieving organizational targets, and developing financial plans that support organizational strategy.
• Streamlining accounting functions and operations. Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts.
• Annual budget process owner, establishing annual financial budgets, yearly projections plan and monthly reforecast.
• Partnering with Regional GMs as well as local CPAs to ensure Company fulfillment of local statutory requirements such as Branch Financial Audits, Filing VAT returns & other Tax /Zakat and GAZT matters.
• Superintending a dynamic team of finance professionals. Building human capital capability, strong talent pools and leadership teams to drive growth, innovation & continuous improvement across the Group.