About Ghazala Mahadik
Academic Level Master’s Degree
2012 - 2017
University of Bath UK
M.Sc. Electrical Power Systems
▪ Electrical Power Systems - Design & Analysis ▪ Project Engineering ▪ Electrical Power System Plant ▪ Electrical Power Systems Protection ▪ Control of Electrical Power Systems ▪ Contract Engineering ▪ Electrical Power System Simulation & Analysis ▪ Electrical Power Quality ▪ Dissertation (Thesis): Low-frequency Narrowband PLC: • Application of Low-frequency Narrowband Powerline Communications in Controls of Electrical Smart Grids. • Application of LF NB-PLC in Aircraft Circuits. • Application of LF NB-PLC in Vehicle-to-Grid (V2G). • Case Study: .. ABB Smart Grid Installation in China. .. Siemens Powerline Communications Equipment System Application.
2018 - Present
Int'l Bridges GTCC
Senior Project Engineer
▪ Review Project documents and be familiar with terms & conditions.
▪ Assist PM in the development of the overall project schedule.
▪ Develop and manage a project submittal log and obtain the designer’s approval.
▪ Ensure contracts, bonds, and other relevant documents are current and received before the subcontractor performs any work on site. Follow up on non-received documents and escalate any issues to the PM.
▪ Collect and distribute coordination drawings from appropriate subcontractors.
▪ Review drawings with PM; Pursue and monitor submittals’ and track deliveries of materials.
▪ Verify all submittal conformity to plans & specifications.
▪ Review and Check invoices for accuracy and compare to cost to complete forecast.
▪ Complete quantity take-offs as requested by estimating.
▪ Distribute all punch lists and the follow-up as necessary to ensure timely completion of work.
▪ Assemble all required close-out documents and address close-out issues.
▪ Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing the Company’s commitment to continue addressing their needs and interests.
▪ Work collaboratively with project team members to accomplish client goals.
▪ Demonstrate effective relationship building within the project team and throughout the Company.
▪ Keep field team members (i.e. Site Engineers) informed and active in decision-making.
2016 - Present
Int'l Bridges GTCC
Lead Electrical Engineer
▪ Develop, design and review engineering AutoCAD drawings and calculations (as per local electrical regulations) for commercial electrical systems, including lighting & HVAC systems, electrical distribution boards, electrical distribution panels, electrical generation sizing, firefighting plans, etc. with detailed plans and specifications for electrical installation projects for KNPC, Saipem, KIPIC, Tecnicas Reunidas.
▪ Assess the parts needed for a job and place orders for material.
▪ Perform on-site support and field engineering to resolve startup and testing issues.
▪ Provide electrical equipment and installation directions, and supervise electricians on-site for efficient installation and perform project site visits for verification of installations.
▪ Conduct routine testing on commercial electrical systems and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards, including security systems and heating and cooling systems.
▪ Diagnose faults, provide solutions and supervise fault correction procedures in faulty electrical installations, such as lighting, heating systems, and fire alarms.
▪ Design (Size) Diesel generators required for the specific site requirements; and supervise installations and repair of the same.
▪ Provide electrical data sheets on all equipment to be installed on projects and provide electrical and distribution systems data for the same.
▪ Ensure good quality designs which uphold company and client standards, comply with building codes, and follow safety requirements.
▪ Work alone to design electrical systems without receiving explicit direction.
▪ Provide professional assessments and advice to clients.
▪ Possess working knowledge of Building Management Systems, lighting and power systems, HVAC (cooling & heating) systems.
▪ Possess and utilize working knowledge of local electrical regulations.