About Ishara Rathnayake
Academic Level Master’s Degree
I have a proven track record in the Sales & Marketing field with over 13 years of experience.
2022 - Present
Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Partially qualified for the Masters of Business Administration (MBA), major in General category from Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
2022 - Present
Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK
CIM Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Marketing
Partially qualified CIM Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Marketing course at Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK Subject Grade Global Marketing Decisions A
2007 - 2008
Aquinas College, Sri Lanka
Diploma in English
Successfully completed The Diploma in English course at Aquinas College of Higher Studies, Sri Lanka
2021 - 2022
WEBXPAY (Pvt) Ltd
Assistant Manager Business Development
• To find New Partners and build relationships to bring new accounts.
• Monthly target of 38 new accounts which includes Payment Gateways & Point of Sale Terminals.
• Manage Relationships with Existing Top & Middle Merchants and to ensure they continue to transact.
• Call the inactive merchants and develop them and convert them to transacting merchants.
• Initiate merchant promotions to increase the GMV Growth
• Manage developer communities and queries that generate from the website and other sources (Individuals and companies) and build partnerships to be the preferred payment gateway provider.
• Manage Bank Partnerships with existing Bank Partners to generate new leads through the referral program – DFCC / Union Bank / NDB Bank / NTB
2008 - 2020
Sri Lanka Telecom Mobitel
• Device Procurement
• Device Planning
• Device Management
• Staff Development
• Product/Process Development
• Device Launches
• Communication & Brand Management
• Maintain and deliver a high standard of service levels in customer engagement.
• Focus on customer retention; develop customer potential and loyalty to increase cross-selling and upselling through products and services.
• Understand customer requirements and serve their needs promptly to build customer loyalty.
• Handle customer service center operations including inventory, bill collections, promotions, customer engagement & achieving set standards on process audits.
• Assist Mobitel authorized dealers, alternative partners, and other stakeholders in business activities.
Honors & awards
The best product of the year award
‘Internet Expert’ – This campaign was launched in 2018 and achieved two awards for the best product of the year award in The SLIM - Nielsen People\'s Awards in 2019.